Friday, February 18, 2011

Keep the MAIN thing, the MAIN thing!

I haven't been very good at blogging, but God has really impressed on me to start doing this again. It is so important to write down and keep a journal of what God is showing you and what He is speaking to you about.

I know if any of you are like me, you are busy and there are so many things that monopolize our time. We must remember that the devil is a thief... and he wants to steal your time. If he can get you busy, he can keep you ineffective. We can get busy doing good things, but it not necessarily be GOD things.

This is exactly what Jesus was telling Martha in Luke 10:38-42
"As they continued their travel, Jesus entered a village. A woman by the name of Martha welcomed him and made him feel quite at home. She had a sister, Mary, who sat before the Master, hanging on every word he said. But Martha was pulled away by all she had to do in the kitchen. Later, she stepped in, interrupting them. "Master, don't you care that my sister has abandoned the kitchen to me? Tell her to lend me a hand." The Master said, "Martha, dear Martha, you're fussing far too much and getting yourself worked up over nothing. One thing only is essential, and Mary has chosen it—it's the main course, and won't be taken from her."

We have to remember to keep the MAIN thing, the MAIN thing.... Are you using your time, or is it using you? Jesus spoke the truth when He said, only one thing is essential.... Lord, help me in the business of the day, not to forget my time with you.

Listen to the words of a song that Larnell Harris wrote.... It is called, "I miss my time with you."

There he was just waiting,
in our old familiar place
an empty spot beside him,
where once i used to wait
to be filled with strength and wisdom
for the battles of the day
i would have passed him by again
if i didn't hear him say

i miss my time with you
those moments together
i need to be with you each day
and it hurt's me when you say
you're too busy
busy trying to serve me
but how can you serve me
when your spirit's empty
there's a longing in my heart
wanting more than just a part of you
it's true
i miss my time with you

what do i have to offer
how can i truly care
my efforts have no meaning
when your presence isn,t there
but you will provide the power
if i take time to pray
i'll stay right here beside him
and you will never have to say..

No comments:

Post a Comment