Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Waiting....is not so much a position as it is a focus

Today my devotion was on waiting.... I never have been good at that. I am a make it happen kinda girl. If you see an opportunity, take it. If you wait to long, you might risk loosing it. Even as a child waiting was not my forte'. My Aunt and Uncle took me to a wishing well... You know...throw a coin in, make a wish, and WAIT for it to happen. At 3 years old, after the process was explained, I was handed a quater and did as I was told. I did it all perfectly right down to the pause of the wish... When asked what I wished for and I told them.... "I wish I had my quarter back!" I would have rather had the tangible in my hand, then WAIT for my wish to come true...

As an adult, I still find it difficult to "WAIT!" Have you ever been in a situation where you have no other choice but to wait? That is where I am in my life right now. I am in a "waiting" stage and it has not been fun nor pretty! When asked "What are you going to do about this or that?" I simply reply... "I am in a holding pattern, waiting on the Lord." The looks, reactions, and responses have been what has astonished me. (even from my fellow brothers and sisters in the faith) It goes against what our society believes and is inidated with... We are a microwave/fastfood generation. We want it QUICK and we want it NOW! But one thing I am learning in this journey of my faith; not everything in life is meant to be quick. Waiting, ecspecially for people who are geared like me, is what gives us the added power and energy to go on and not give in or give up. Through the journey I have been on for the past several months, I have been in a place that I have never been before. I am uterly exausted and depleated of energy. Just waiting..... But that is the best place for me right now, because I know the journey ahead is going to need more energy, more thought, more vision, and simply more of ME than ever before and WAITING is what is going to give me what I need to get to it and through it.

Isaiah 40:31 tells us "They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength."

Before I go on a road trip I always take my car in to be fine tuned... Have them check the oil, check the tires, check my wipers, fill up with gas and get prepared for the journey I am about to take.
In this journey called life, we all need to be fine tuned and prepared for the journey ahead. If you are tired, scared, lonely, fearful, and just don't know what to do, You know what you need more than anything is strength. The Bible tells us that when we wait, our strength is being renewed. So take a breather, enjoy the process, and get ready for the journey ahead; your mearly getting a tune up for what you need for now and for the journey ahead.

3 comments:

  1. That was beautiful Laura...I love you...I needed that word myself this morning. I know God has UNBELIEVABLE plans for you. I'll be here, waiting with you, and throwing the party when he delivers. WOOHOO!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is producing something more spectacular than ever and I can't wait to see it! i am right there in the waiting w/ you, i know it's hard! I needed this today! also this is a verse that somedays literally have to hold on to but i think it pertains to you so much too!

    Romans 8:23-25 (The Message)

    22-25 All around us we observe a pregnant creation. The difficult times of pain throughout the world are simply birth pangs. But it's not only around us; it's within us. The Spirit of God is arousing us within. We're also feeling the birth pangs. These sterile and barren bodies of ours are yearning for full deliverance. That is why waiting does not diminish us, any more than waiting diminishes a pregnant mother. We are enlarged in the waiting. We, of course, don't see what is enlarging us. But the longer we wait, the larger we become, and the more joyful our expectancy.

    I love you so so so so much and I am so proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got it...the answer to "What do you do between the "Promise" and the "Payoff"?"

    Are you ready..."Throw your hands up and enjoy the ride."

    Go ahead...do it right now...get 'em up!!

    Hence my blog title. www.thewilkinsonsenjoyingtheride.blogspot.com

    That is if I ever get back to blogging...LOL

    ReplyDelete